The Stockholm International Water Institute (SIWI) is looking for a creative person who possesses experience in public relations and marketing; including business analysis and who can further strategic develop SIWI’s social media engagement. You will be joining a dedicated communications team who work as an in house bureau servicing SIWI’s departments and driving the development of new communications related activities.
The position is a temporary position starting at the earliest possible date until 30 September 2015.The position is based at SIWI offices in Stockholm, Sweden.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Respond to media contacts; including pitching and providing information to media representatives and arranging interviews with SIWI experts.
- Strategically develop and drive SIWI’s social media platforms and develop content for posting on all designated social media outlets.
- Develop and implement public relations and marketing strategies, plans and programs to increase brand recognition and increase sales.
- Engage in advocacy and influence-work at national and international policy processes.
- Write or edit texts for various purposes and channels such as brochures, ads, newsletters, articles, press releases and web.
- Produce and upload material to SIWIs webpages and newsletters.
Basic knowledge and skills:
- Proven expertise in all aspects of public relations
- Current knowledge of different media/communication vehicles including traditional and new
- Deep understanding of community building techniques and a demonstrated ability to grow online communities
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills in English
- Experience with a variety of writing styles: press releases, creative, and marketing
- Proven ability to create creative, unique, and relevant content for different purposes
- Strong analytical, planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to handle many parallel projects simultaneously
- Ability to function effectively as part of a team
- Excellent computer skills, especially Microsoft Office applications, various social media outlets and website management
Education and work experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations or a related field.
- 5+ years’ experience of PR/media relations and social media preferably in the field of water and environment.
- Knowledge of Swedish and/or more languages is meriting.
How to apply for the position
Please submit your CV and a one-page personal letter to Susannah Hansson, email@example.com, For more information about the position, contact Britt-Louise Andersson, Communications Director at +46 8 121 360 30.